Forget what you have heard about tooth extraction being a violent and hurtful procedure…! Tooth extractions, when required, can be painless and almost blood-free. The modern equipment of a dental clinic and the training of an experienced dentist make it possible for an extraction to be completed atraumatic, painless and almost bloodless. Even the patient’s post-operative period is most of the time excellent, since pain, edema and post-operative bleeding can be limited to subtle and the patient can return immediately to their daily activities.
Removal of wisdom teeth is recommended either when they have a problem themselves or when they create problems in adjacent teeth and jaws.
More specifically when:
• They present any dental damage (caries, periodontitis).
• They provoke repeatedly gum inflammation around the tooth.
• They cause damage to adjacent teeth (caries)
• They are responsible for the formation of cysts or more rarely tumors
• For orthodontic reasons, when the surrounding teeth are pushed by them and move from position.
If carers are impacted or semi-impacted and not going to become functional we believe based on accredited scientific research and our long experience that even if they do not create a problem, they should be removed as soon as possible.
It is advisable to have the procedure planned after the age of 14-15 which usually has 1/3 of the root created thus ensuring ease of operation and optimal healing of the area, better bone regeneration and avoiding future problems.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Aesthetic Dental Studio
The Teeth Whitening Experts
Esperidon Sq. 3, Glyfada
Πλατεία Εσπερίδων 3, Γλυφάδα